When booking an appointment our reception staff will need to ask you a few questions so they can direct you to the most appropriate healthcare professional – this may be a GP, practice nurse, healthcare assistant or other healthcare professional.
Each patient has the right to express their preference to be seen by a healthcare professional of their choice for booked appointments. There may be a longer waiting period should you wish to see a named clinician as they may work varying days.
We offer a range of appointments for our patients to include advanced booking, telephone and on the day urgent appointments.
Extended Hours Appointments
Camp Hill Health Centre offers “extended hours” appointments outside of core NHS hours. These appointments are available each week by our Practice Nurse, Healthcare Assistant, and GPs. Please speak to a receptionist for further information.
Online Booking (currently on hold)
The online appointment system, Patient Access, can be accessed below or through the Patient Access smartphone app. To use the Patient Access service, you will need to register at reception. At the time of registration you may be required to produce photographic identification.
You can book a non urgent doctor’s appointment or routine blood test appointment using Patient Access.
Click image to access ‘Patient Access’ (this will open a new page).
You can now register to book appointments online; to do this follow the instructions below:
- Our reception team will need confirmation to set an account up for you.
- We will then generate an account registration.
- You will need to collect your username and password from reception.
- This needs to be kept safe as your details will not change.
- You will then need to click on the link at the top of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to set up your account.
- You will then need to type your username and password.
- You will then have access to the Camp Hill Health Centre system to book appointments with your GP only at this stage.
- If the system does not offer an appointment on a certain day this means the appointment has already been taken by another patient.
- You will automatically receive a text message confirming your appointment time and date as normal.
- If you wish to cancel the appointment you can also do this via the sign in up to 1 hour prior to your appointment time.
If you cannot attend for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the appointment to someone else.
Missed Appointments / Did Not Attend
Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend appointments without informing the surgery, it has become necessary to implement the following policy:
If you repeatedly fail to attend appointments you may be removed from this practice list and required to find an alternative doctor.
If you cannot attend your appointments for any reason please let us know as soon as possible, giving at least 24 hours’ notice. We can then offer the appointment to someone else.
Thank you for your co-operation.